At Starbright Dental, we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak
We are following the expert advice from the government and other authorities.
At this current stage, we are still open for dental treatments and taking all precautionary measures. However, the government may order all non-essential services to stop, which includes all dentistry besides emergency dentistry.
The health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority and in response to the current outbreak, we have implemented many infection-control and health protocols.
These protocols focus on minimising the risks inside our clinic and reducing the spread of the COVID-19 virus. We have taken our cleaning and sanitisation to high levels.
Our COVID-19 current action plan:
- Increased usage of personal protective equipment (PPE), including standard level 2 surgical masks, eye protection and gloves;
- Strict cleaning procedures throughout the clinic and after every patient;
- Antibacterial wipe downs of all surfaces;
- Antibacterial hand sanitiser available for all staff and patients;
- Continuous hygiene protocol reminders for staff and patients.
Please reschedule your appointment, if:
- You had recent contact with another person who has a confirmed case of COVID-19
- You returned from an overseas trip in the past 14 days.
- You show any flu-like symptoms, including: cough, shortness of breath, fever or sore throat.
Please reschedule and contact your GP for advice if any apply to you.
Patients who are considered high-risk to the COVID-19 virus must stay at home in isolation.
Please do not forget to maintain good dental hygiene throughout this time as it contributes to your overall health and wellbeing.
Skype and Zoom video conferencing:
At Starbright Dental, our team will be offering online appointments over Skype or Zoom video conferencing services if we have to close. These online consultations will allow us to give you dental advice and prepare your future dental treatments.